Welcome.

Welcome to The SHAPE of a Leader. I write this blog with the SHAPE leadership development program (for women pastors) I lead in mind, but it is for all who are interested in leadership, faith, and the intersection of the two.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Leaving a Legacy

My aunt passed away one week ago today. When I told my daughter, she said, "Mom, I only ever remember her laughing."


These are the Bible passages that she clung to, and that were read at her funeral:


Psalm 13:5: But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
Joshua 1:9: This is my command - be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Isaiah 41:10: Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.


And that was the leadership legacy she left:  a model of choosing a positive attitude and finding joy in all parts of life; and in relying on the assurance of God's strength and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment