Welcome.

Welcome to The SHAPE of a Leader. I write this blog with the SHAPE leadership development program (for women pastors) I lead in mind, but it is for all who are interested in leadership, faith, and the intersection of the two.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Luxurious Reflection

Time for reflection might seem like a luxury. This article, shared by one of the esteemed pastors in the SHAPE program, hits that point.  

I had a boss once who told me that if I didn't turn off my lights, put my feet up on my desk, and just reflect regularly, I wasn't doing my job.  That's the mindset to adopt.  The benefits of reflection are huge.  Innovative ideas come. Reflection on how to do things a better way.  Understanding more deeply who I am.  Personal pats on the back for a job well done.  It applies to pastors. It applies to all leaders.

Give it a read:
http://www.alban.org/conversation.aspx?id=9414

No comments:

Post a Comment